Fluffy Japanese pancakes with almond butter
American pancakes? No - Japanese! These pancakes are extra fluffy and give that luxurious restaurant finish. Served with fresh berries and Almond Nutchup. A brunch favorite!
Ingredients for 5-6 pancakes:
2 egg yolks
2 egg whites
2 tablespoons milk
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla sugar
3 tablespoons wheat flour
1/2 dl sugar
Pändy Almond Nutchup
1. Whisk two egg yolks, then add milk and whisk together.
2. Add flour, baking powder and vanilla sugar which you strain down in batches and at the same time whisk evenly together into a batter, when it is no longer lumpy it is ready.
3. Whisk two egg whites with an electric whisk until fluffed, then sprinkle in the sugar in batches and continue whisking together until it becomes like a very fluffy meringue batter.
4. Carefully turn the meringue batter into the egg and flour batter.
5. Click the batter into an oiled pan and fry on low heat for 3-4 minutes per side.
6. Drizzle Pändy Almond Nutchup over the pancakes and add your favorite berries!