Mazarines with almonds & rhubarb filling
Beautiful almond mazarines with a taste of summer, topped with cream and Almond Nutchup. We promise you’ll impress!
By: Hilda Kirkhoff, @hildakirkhoff
3 ½ dl wheat flour
150 g cold butter
2 tablespoons powdered sugar
3 dl almond flour
½ dl sugar
½ teaspoon vanilla powder
½ ml salt
100 g melted butter
1 dl Pändy Almond Nutchup
120-150 g rhubarb
½ tablespoon potato flour
Ev. Whipped cream
Fresh berries or rhubarb strips
1. Set the oven to 200 degrees (circotherm oven).
2. Start by grease the mazarine molds with a little butter or using disposable aluminum molds.
3. Make the shortcrust pastry: Put all the ingredients in a food processor and mix, then quickly make a dough by hand. Flatten the dough, plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
4. Make the filling: Put almond flour, powdered sugar, vanilla powder, salt, melted butter and Almond Nutchup in a bowl. Whisk quickly together using an electric whisk.
5. Add one egg at a time while whisking.
6. Slice the rhubarb into about 1 cm pieces and mix these with potato flour.
7. Assembly: Take the shortcrust pastry out of the fridge and roll ut thin. Divide the dough into smaller pieces and place in the molds. Press with your thumbs and cut off excess dough around the edges. Repeat with all shapes.
8. Click the batter into the molds and place the rhubarb pieces.
9. Put into the oven.
10. Take the mazarines out of the oven and let them cool completely in the molds. Carefully knock the mazarines out of the molds.
11. For serving: Whisk cream and put it on the mazarines. Decorate with berries or rhubarb strips and Almond Nutchup.